Surviving Wayne
I find that it is a full time job surviving myself. I and my quirks and imperfections will be the fall of me. Thanks to God, my Creator, Protector, and Savior, survival is immanent.
Thursday, April 28, 2005

Ray of Hope... maybe.
Days off are wonderful. I had one today. Watched a few Star Wars flicks today, gave Phileo and Brandy baths, fixed dinner for the fam, and relaxed. Men's Camp is coming up and The Worship Team is playin'. I am excited about it. We are gonna do some sweet numbers like "Sweet Home Up In Heaven," the parody to Lynard Skynard's "Sweet Home Alabama."

Paula and I have both said we would love to do this (praise band) professionally. I think this group is talented enough to do it, but too many ties to other things would prevent such a thing. Also we would need a hefty chunk o'change to get started and none of us have such chunks.

It has been a good day overall. I can't help but to experience a little sadness thinking about going to work tomorrow. How is it that days off go by so fast, but days at work go by so slow? If anyone knows a remedy to that, please share it with me.

As I blog, the song "Broken" plays. That song is a major part of my life. It is like my testimony. I hear it and every time, God brings to light some new part to the idea of being broken. I said in my last blog that I thought I had learned what I needed to learn. Maybe not. Maybe that is why that song does what it does to me every time I hear it.

Another song that does that to me is "Word Of God Speak." Maybe there is something to that. Something about the Word of God telling me I need to be broken... hmmm. We wonder why God so often compares us to sheep... because sheep are somewhat... how can I put it... THICK IN THE HEAD!

Only one more thing to say tonight:

Y-E-S I-N-D-E-E-D!

Wayne @ 8:50 PM Comments (0)
American Idol
American Idol

Click on the picture just above to be routed to my American Idol Blog. There you can read my take on the performances. Enjoy!!


Watching on the Tube
Bionic Woman
Bionic Woman

Paula and I both love this show. It is a remake of the 70's action television show. We haven't seen it in forever since the Writers Guild Strike. How sad!!


Listening

Harry Connick, JR

Harry Connick Jr's newest album, "Oh, My Nola" is full of music from New Orleans or written by artists from New Orleans. Since Paula and I lived in New Orleans, it is special to us. We actually got to see the concert for this album live. It was great. You have got to check this out!


Testriffic Quiz Your Friends
Create your own Friend Quiz here