Surviving Wayne
I find that it is a full time job surviving myself. I and my quirks and imperfections will be the fall of me. Thanks to God, my Creator, Protector, and Savior, survival is immanent.
Monday, April 04, 2005

12th Commandment
Do you know what takes courage? What I am about to admit takes courage. Here goes.... I am afraid to die. There. I said it. Why does it take courage you ask? I am taught as a Christian that we.... I should not be afraid of death. Fear of death almost seams to mean lack of trust in God. I come to the point that I think that I don't agree with that. There are a lot of us out there... Christians that are afraid to die. We have been taught the unofficial twelth commandment that "Thou shalt not fear death. If thou fear-est it then thou-ist really aren't-eth a Christian." At least that is how I feel sometimes.

I don't question where my eternity shall be. I think that I am afraid of the unknown. Eternity is something that we cannot comprehend. We are designed as linear creatures. Everything in our understanding has a beginning and an end. Deep theological thought will teach that God is not past or future, but a constant present. We cannot comprehend that because even the thoughts we are thinking now are instantaneously becoming the past. Not to mention the thoughts we will have in the future.

I remember when I was in Jr High trying to visualize what it will be like when we are in eternity with God. I often thought that if I played a two on two basketball game with Michael Jordan (if we both get to spend eternity with God), who would win. If we were both perfect, the game could go on and on and on. I often wonder today if we will be like zombies or will we keep our personalities. Will we worship God as he designed us in our special differences or will be all the same? Those are questions that I ask. I have been through the Word and find very vague descriptions.

One thing is for sure... the Word tells us that it will be wonderful. Paula and I were talking about that last night. Because I am unsure of how it will be like, I am fearful. You know when you have a dream and while you are dreaming you think it is real, but then you wake up and realize that the dream was way far from reality? I wonder if it will be the same way when we are in the presence of God. Will it be that this reality as we know it now will be like the remnants of our dreams?

We'll see.... soon hopefully.

Wayne @ 11:19 PM Comments (0)
American Idol
American Idol

Click on the picture just above to be routed to my American Idol Blog. There you can read my take on the performances. Enjoy!!


Watching on the Tube
Bionic Woman
Bionic Woman

Paula and I both love this show. It is a remake of the 70's action television show. We haven't seen it in forever since the Writers Guild Strike. How sad!!


Listening

Harry Connick, JR

Harry Connick Jr's newest album, "Oh, My Nola" is full of music from New Orleans or written by artists from New Orleans. Since Paula and I lived in New Orleans, it is special to us. We actually got to see the concert for this album live. It was great. You have got to check this out!


Testriffic Quiz Your Friends
Create your own Friend Quiz here