Surviving Wayne
I find that it is a full time job surviving myself. I and my quirks and imperfections will be the fall of me. Thanks to God, my Creator, Protector, and Savior, survival is immanent.
Wednesday, April 27, 2005

Come and get your love?
I missed American Idol last night. We forgot to tape it. Hopefully I will get to see it. I left a voicemail with Christina to see if they recorded it. I asked them not to delete it...

Scott was NOT in the bottom three. In fact, they sent home a favorite tonight. Constantine is gone, baby! I saw the little snippets they show at the beginning of the show from last night's performances. I talk to so many people about AI and everyone has their opinions about how people did.

I talked about this a little last week. As Paula and I watched the snippets, we said things like, "So & So didn't do that bad" or "She did a fine job" or "That really was not as good as I expected." I have more I want to say about what people say, but I choose not to do so. I don't want to be rudely offensive for once.

Anyway... Paula had a terrible day. We met her parents for dinner. As she pulled the car alongside of me at the restaurant, I noticed she was sobbing. I got in the car with her and asked her what was wrong. "I have to find another job!" she cried. They basically told her that she is not consistent in her sales. If she doesn't become more consistent over the next 4 weeks, they will let her go.

You see, that is how some places are. Alltel just launched a campaign called "Come and Get Your Love." Isn't that ironic... don't you think. I really understand so much. I am not good at my job either. When you find something you don't do well, it really weighs on your emotions. You start to wonder if you are stupid or unteachable. You question your value and your experiences... your capabilities. It is hard.

This is my struggle too. When you don't feel good about yourself anyway and then someone tells you basically that you are not good enough, you just want to die. I guess Paula and I are a perfect match because we have the same insecurites.

There has been a prethora of prayer about this subject. Besides our personal prayer, we have had both friends and family fall on their knees on our behalf. Are we being punished? God... have we not learned our lesson?

Wayne @ 10:48 PM Comments (0)
American Idol
American Idol

Click on the picture just above to be routed to my American Idol Blog. There you can read my take on the performances. Enjoy!!


Watching on the Tube
Bionic Woman
Bionic Woman

Paula and I both love this show. It is a remake of the 70's action television show. We haven't seen it in forever since the Writers Guild Strike. How sad!!


Listening

Harry Connick, JR

Harry Connick Jr's newest album, "Oh, My Nola" is full of music from New Orleans or written by artists from New Orleans. Since Paula and I lived in New Orleans, it is special to us. We actually got to see the concert for this album live. It was great. You have got to check this out!


Testriffic Quiz Your Friends
Create your own Friend Quiz here