Surviving Wayne
I find that it is a full time job surviving myself. I and my quirks and imperfections will be the fall of me. Thanks to God, my Creator, Protector, and Savior, survival is immanent.
Thursday, February 10, 2005

Peanut Butter
Those who really know me are aware that I am extremely picky about what I eat. I only get burgers plain with cheese only. I don't like cooked veggies save mashed potatoes and corn on the cob. I don't like any candy or ice cream with nuts in them.

My friend, Chad, constantly bombards me with harassment because I hate mustard. For the record, I feel that mustard is equal to sour milk mixed with rotten eggs. I think that is a normal dislike.

I found out tonight that my friend, Desmond, doesn't like peanut butter. Now that's not normal. I think spinach is a normal dislike, but not peanut butter.

Now, in learning this odd thing about Des, a thought came to me. How we feel about so many things in life is based simply on disposition or as the British say, "the things we fancy." The only thing that we can hold as a commonality or a steady constant compass to "guide" disposition is the Word of God.

Des, I still like you even though you don't like peanut butter. Look on the bright side, you fancy cheese.

Just thought I would share this little thought. Good night.

Wayne @ 11:29 PM Comments (0)
American Idol
American Idol

Click on the picture just above to be routed to my American Idol Blog. There you can read my take on the performances. Enjoy!!


Watching on the Tube
Bionic Woman
Bionic Woman

Paula and I both love this show. It is a remake of the 70's action television show. We haven't seen it in forever since the Writers Guild Strike. How sad!!


Listening

Harry Connick, JR

Harry Connick Jr's newest album, "Oh, My Nola" is full of music from New Orleans or written by artists from New Orleans. Since Paula and I lived in New Orleans, it is special to us. We actually got to see the concert for this album live. It was great. You have got to check this out!


Testriffic Quiz Your Friends
Create your own Friend Quiz here