Surviving Wayne
I find that it is a full time job surviving myself. I and my quirks and imperfections will be the fall of me. Thanks to God, my Creator, Protector, and Savior, survival is immanent.
Wednesday, February 02, 2005

Indigestion
Well, I had my second epidural injection on my lower back yesterday. I felt a little pain this time. Apparently, they didn't give me quite enough sedation. They gave me some more when they realized that I was not totally out. I was stoned for about 4 hours.

I bet you are wondering if joy came in the morning on Monday. Well it depends on what you call joy. Finding joy is a choice that we make. Regardless of circumstance, it is up to us to find joy. That is what God's Word tells us. I can't say that I found joy on Monday morning. I DEFINITELY did NOT find any yesterday. I have to say that was my choice... not the right choice, mind you, but my choice nonetheless.

I did our taxes last night and was so sure we would get a hefty refund. What I found sure was hefty, but definitely not a refund. It is one of those times that I though, "Man, we just can't catch a break!" We had plans this year... maybe next year now.

God, please just... just... be God. Reveal Yourself to us. Please give us a light at the end of the tunnel.

We practiced "Broken" tonight in Worship Team rehearsal. This song is my prayer tonight:

Lord, you know me, You know my thoughts,
You know my motives, You know my heart;
Lord, I know the best of me is but filthy rags compared to Thee;
That's why I want to be...

I wanna be broken, I wanna be spilled out;
I wanna be broken and poured out at Your feet;
I wanna be a sacrifice to give my life as a humble offering;
May my worship be a fragrance unto Thee;
I wanna be broken.

We had Hamburger Helper for dinner. It has given me indigestion something wicked. I have indigestion of the soul too. Anybody have any Zantac?

Wayne @ 11:39 PM Comments (0)
American Idol
American Idol

Click on the picture just above to be routed to my American Idol Blog. There you can read my take on the performances. Enjoy!!


Watching on the Tube
Bionic Woman
Bionic Woman

Paula and I both love this show. It is a remake of the 70's action television show. We haven't seen it in forever since the Writers Guild Strike. How sad!!


Listening

Harry Connick, JR

Harry Connick Jr's newest album, "Oh, My Nola" is full of music from New Orleans or written by artists from New Orleans. Since Paula and I lived in New Orleans, it is special to us. We actually got to see the concert for this album live. It was great. You have got to check this out!


Testriffic Quiz Your Friends
Create your own Friend Quiz here