Surviving Wayne
I find that it is a full time job surviving myself. I and my quirks and imperfections will be the fall of me. Thanks to God, my Creator, Protector, and Savior, survival is immanent.
Tuesday, February 08, 2005

Brokenness
I was listening to my John Sherrill Band cd today and the little speech John gives before he sings "Broken" hit me today. Honestly it hits me everytime that I hear it. I thought I would share it with you. Here is what John says before he sings it:


In my life, I always talk about things like obedience, faithfulness, truth, and authenticity and the desire to live in that holy walk and atmosphere daily, minute by minute, to say worship is more than an event. It’s more than a song, it’s more than that 11-12 hour on Sundays and 6-7 or 7-8 on Wednesdays. It’s a lifestyle that says, "Lord, I desire to be humble before you; I desire to be authentic; I desire to be truthful and real. And I desire to live a life that is holy and just. Let the righteous rejoice, let the sanctified sing hallelujah. I realized that that takes place and happens when my heart is yielded to Him in a posture that says I want to be obedient and I need to be broken, broken over the sin in my life, broken over the sin in our land.

It’s real easy right now to say "God bless america" "God, we want…" "God, we need…" Even our Christian subculture is screaming that from the worship CD’s we create to the Books that we write. Here’s the truth: God has blessed America and it’s time for America to bless God.

I believe all this begins with a word that is not a very comfortable word and that word is brokenness. To be broken before God means that I am at the end of myself and I want to be at the beginning of You. - John Sherrill

Wayne @ 7:40 PM Comments (0)
American Idol
American Idol

Click on the picture just above to be routed to my American Idol Blog. There you can read my take on the performances. Enjoy!!


Watching on the Tube
Bionic Woman
Bionic Woman

Paula and I both love this show. It is a remake of the 70's action television show. We haven't seen it in forever since the Writers Guild Strike. How sad!!


Listening

Harry Connick, JR

Harry Connick Jr's newest album, "Oh, My Nola" is full of music from New Orleans or written by artists from New Orleans. Since Paula and I lived in New Orleans, it is special to us. We actually got to see the concert for this album live. It was great. You have got to check this out!


Testriffic Quiz Your Friends
Create your own Friend Quiz here