Surviving Wayne
I find that it is a full time job surviving myself. I and my quirks and imperfections will be the fall of me. Thanks to God, my Creator, Protector, and Savior, survival is immanent.
Monday, June 12, 2006

Sick Monday
It started on Friday night/Saturday morning at around 2am. I got up to get a drink of water because my throat was hurting something fierce. Odly enough, it was only hurting on the right side. Consequently, the sinus cavity below the eye and directly the the right of my nose was in pain with a lot of pressure. I self-diagnosed myself with a sinus infection.

So I was up and down through the rest of the night. I got up around 5:30am and stayed up. I decided to go to the Urgent Care when it opened. I had to get there before it opened, because it would probably be a long wait otherwise.

I was the first one there and I stayed right by the door so no one could beat me in. I had even printed out the form at home and filled it out before I went. As people got there after I did, I looked at them with piercing eyes, just daring them to try to get through the door before me.

Anyway... the doctor that saw me had to have been out of med school for like 15 minutes. He said he didn't know what was wrong with me because I came in before whatever it was could fully develop. So he gave me a prescription for some antibiotics and said take these would only help if what I had was bacterial as opposed to viral. This I knew.

Well here I am, about 52 hours later. I feel much better than I did, but still don't feel that hot. I am at work today. It is not a terribly busy day so it is not that bad.

Chad, Jess, and the kids are coming in tonight and are staying all week. I am excited about that. It is always great when people come visit. I can only take off 2 days, though. We will have fun regardless.

Anyway... I survived.

Wayne @ 12:41 PM Comments (4)
American Idol
American Idol

Click on the picture just above to be routed to my American Idol Blog. There you can read my take on the performances. Enjoy!!


Watching on the Tube
Bionic Woman
Bionic Woman

Paula and I both love this show. It is a remake of the 70's action television show. We haven't seen it in forever since the Writers Guild Strike. How sad!!


Listening

Harry Connick, JR

Harry Connick Jr's newest album, "Oh, My Nola" is full of music from New Orleans or written by artists from New Orleans. Since Paula and I lived in New Orleans, it is special to us. We actually got to see the concert for this album live. It was great. You have got to check this out!


Testriffic Quiz Your Friends
Create your own Friend Quiz here