Surviving Wayne
I find that it is a full time job surviving myself. I and my quirks and imperfections will be the fall of me. Thanks to God, my Creator, Protector, and Savior, survival is immanent.
Wednesday, March 01, 2006

Make Better Time Choices
I saw a commercial on the news about some local churches making yet another big deal over something trivial. Let me set this up by saying that the Dead Sea Scrolls are on display here in Charlotte for a few months.

Apparently, some vendors have made "Dead Sea Scroll" memorobelia such as hats, ties, and t-shirts. Some local churches are raising a big stink saying that these vendors are just trying to "cash in."

HELLO!!! CAN I SLAP YOU NOW OR LATER?!

Firstly, these items can be conversation starters that may lead someone to Christ. Secondly, anyone who has enough free time to complain about something so trivial needs to find a hobby of sorts.

In my last church, in Charlotte (which will remain nameless, but I think you can guess it), we had the same type of issues within the congregation. Our pastors, who are good friends, were constantly bombarded with people telling them how much they are doing wrong or that what they are doing is not liked. People want to complain about the type of music in church and who was or wasn't a participant. Gripes arose about who was in the know of certain things and who was not. All that wasted time used to tear down the church family. Imagine if that time was used more constuctively, like telling people about Jesus.

Have I ever told you I look up to Martin Luther?

Anyway.. that was my soapbox for the night.

I survived.

Wayne @ 9:58 PM Comments (1)
American Idol
American Idol

Click on the picture just above to be routed to my American Idol Blog. There you can read my take on the performances. Enjoy!!


Watching on the Tube
Bionic Woman
Bionic Woman

Paula and I both love this show. It is a remake of the 70's action television show. We haven't seen it in forever since the Writers Guild Strike. How sad!!


Listening

Harry Connick, JR

Harry Connick Jr's newest album, "Oh, My Nola" is full of music from New Orleans or written by artists from New Orleans. Since Paula and I lived in New Orleans, it is special to us. We actually got to see the concert for this album live. It was great. You have got to check this out!


Testriffic Quiz Your Friends
Create your own Friend Quiz here